For the next few days the area I live in has a heat warning in effect so people who don’t have air conditioning are trying to figure out what they are going to do. Most have fans and are used to these situations but it can still cause some anxiousness for people who are older or unable to move around easily. As we all know, heat is uncomfortable when you can’t find relief from it and that’s why I wanted to bring some cooling essential oils into the conversation today. doTERRA has several oils that can be used in different ways to support your body temperature and help to cool it down naturally.
The Cooling Essential Oils
- Roman Chamomile
- Wild Orange
The top two oils listed above are the most popular to use for cooling down the skin and the air during a heatwave, but the other oils listed can have a positive effect as well. If you are applying the oils right on your skin you may want to dilute the oil with a carrier oil like Fractionated Coconut oil or Extra Virgin Olive oil if you have sensitive skin. I always tell people to use an equal amount of the essential oil to a carrier oil for the best results. ~ During the warmer months and in warmer climates, the need to cool ourselves can be a daily mission. Finding ways to minimize the effects of the heat can be a little easier when you learn some tricks and doTERRA’s oils can help you with this easily and inexpensively.
Minimize Heat, Maximize Comfort
There are a few popular ways to add any of the above essential oils into daily routines that can comfort you and your entire family, quickly. Let’s look at a few of them…
- Add a couple of drops of Peppermint oil to a damp cooling cloth and place it over your neck for comfort.
- Put a few drops of Eucalyptus oil into a small glass spray bottle with water and spray over exposed skin for fast relief.
- Place a cotton ball in the vents of a fan adding a drop or two of any of the above oils for a cooling air conditioning effect.
- Rub any of the oils on the back of the neck, wrists, and the back of the arms for cool support you will feel quickly.
- Diffuse the oils in the air in a room you are relaxing in.
- For sun overexposure, apply equal amounts of Peppermint & Lavender oils over the areas of concern.
- Add a drop of Peppermint oil to your drinking water for a natural internal cooling effect.
As you can see, there are quite a few ways to support your body heat with doTERRA’s essential oils. Feel free to use any of the above mentioned oils in place of one another depending on which ones you may have in your home. And if you happen to have your own ideas for staying cool and want to share them with me I’d love to talk with you anytime. Or, just send me your ideas by using my contact info under my signature below!
*Eucalyptus & Wintergreen oils are for topical and aromatic use only.
Have a great day! Jana
(619) 917-7077 *text/call
*Email me by going to my Contact page…