A few years ago I wrote a blog post about how to make an essential oil diffuser blend that smelled like the fresh scent of a Mojito cocktail. People have been in love with the clean, crisp, cocktail for many years and the diffuser recipe was a big hit as well. Today I wanted to share a recipe for the ‘Mocktail’ version of a Mojito drink using doTERRA’s oils because the warm Summer months are here and this cooler is as popular as ever.
Mint Mojito Cooler
- Syrup Fixins’:
- 1 3/4 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Drop doTERRA Spearmint Essential Oil
- 1 Cup Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- doTERRA Lime Oil to Taste
- 8 – 10 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Fresh Mint Leaves
- Fresh Mint Sprigs
- Lime Slices
- Combine the syrup ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil & boil for 5 minutes, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat & let cool at room temperature or place in refrigerator. When cool, add the Spearmint essential oil to taste, one drop at a time.
- When ready to serve, place the chopped mint leaves at the bottom of the serving pitcher. Add the cooled syrup, the freshly squeezed lime juice, Lime essential oil, & 8 cups of water. Taste & add more water to taste. If serving over ice you may want to make it a little bit stronger to account for the dilution of the melted ice.
- Add white rum if you want this to be a true ‘Cocktail’, and not a ‘Mocktail’.
Yesterday I wrote about our cooling oils and how to use them for many benefits when the temperature climbs. Topical application of many of our oils, plus diffusing many of them, can be really beneficial during the warmer months as I’ve shared. But using many of our oils to make a cooling drink can add a refreshing option during your day. All of our recipes can be made as a non-alcoholic version, or as a true cocktail option. The choice is yours but however you choose to incorporate doTERRA’s oils into your day, you’ll find them to be very refreshing indeed!
Additional Recipes with essential oils
Frequently Asked Questions About Essential Oils
Why doTERRA over other essential oil brands?
doTERRA offers the purest oils you can buy with no synthetics or fillers added. With doTERRA you’re getting the pure power of nature with zero side effects.
How Do I Use Essential Oils?
Topically ~ Applied right on the skin straight from the bottle or diluted with a carrier oil.
Aromatically ~ Diffusing in the air and inhaling right from the bottle.
Internally ~ Many of doTERRA’s oils are safe for internal use.
Can essential oils support the immune system?
Yes! We have several oils that can support our immune system, including our popular On Guard blend.
Does doTERRA offer oils/products for athletes?
Yes! We have pure options that every athlete will respond to positively.
I’m tired of taking pills for head tension. Are there Essential Oil options?
doTERRA has several oils, including our PastTense blend, that can ease tension just by applying topically.
I have 3 targets… Sleep Support, Digestive Support, & Weight Management. Can doTERRA help to support all of these?
We sure can! By starting off slow, we can introduce you to the top oils/products first and then go from there.
Is the statement, ‘ We’ve got an oil for that’, true in your view?
In the past 9 + years of sharing doTERRA, pretty much everyone has walked away satisfied!
What is the best way to contact you?
I’m always available by text, phone, or email.